About Florence Knoll
Florence Knoll was born in a baker's family in Michigan in 1917, this is in America. She studied architecture at the Cranbrook Academy in Michigan. She also studied in London at the Architectural Association and in Chicago at the Armor Institute. During her career, Florence worked at various architectural firms. She worked in Boston with Marcel Breuer and with Walter Gropius.
Florence Knoll collection
- Designs by Florence Knoll can be divided into three categories.
- Lounge collection
- Salon and side tables
- Office tables and storage cupboards
There are 4 designer sofas in the Lounge collection. Built from a bench without backrest, to a one-seater, two-seater and three-seater sofa. Designed in 1954. All sofas in the lounge collection have a metal frame and heavy steel legs. The inner frame is also all wood. And all copies have the logo of KnollStudio and the Florence Knoll signature.
The four in the Lounge collection have the following names:
Florence Knoll Bench
Florence Knoll Bench is a beautiful example, looks like a table, but is a bench. The bench has leather upholstery and matching buttons.
Florence Knoll Lounge Chair
Florence Knoll Lounge Chair, is a single-person sofa. This chair has seat suspension with No-Sag springs.
Florence Knoll Settee
The Florence Knoll Settee is a two-seater sofa. The seat is hung with No-Sag feathers. No-Sag feathers are zig-zag feathers for a wonderful suspension in the sofa.
Florence Knoll Sofa
Florence Knoll Sofa is the three-seater sofa from the Lounge Collection. The Seat suspension is with No-Sag springs.
Sizes of the Lounge Collection
There are four copies in various sizes in the living room and side tables collection. Designed in 1954. All tables have polished mirror glass, a square steel tube frame that is welded with polished chrome finish and of course all copies have the logo of KnollStudio and the Florence Knoll signature. The sizes below are in inches.
- Florence Knoll Coffee Table, coffee table 45 x 22 inch
- Florence Knoll Coffee Table, coffee table 23 x 23 inches
- Florence Knoll End Table, side table 29 x 29 inch
- Florence Knoll End Table, side table 35 x 35 inch
Office tables and storage cupboards
In the Office desks and storage cabinets collection there are a total of five design pieces.
- Florence Knoll Credenza 2 Position, low sideboard. 1954. The top is made of marble with a glossy finish. The doors, sides and back are made of oak, available in black, white and wood color. The top is also available in various patterns white / gray marble or black marble.
- Florence Knoll Credenza 4 Position. 1954. The finish is the same as the Florence Knoll Credenza 2 Position and is exactly the same size in width. It is a low sideboard.
- Florence Knoll Table Desk, desk, oval 78. 1961. A beautiful oval table for the office or as a dining table. The table top is available in various designs.
- Florence Knoll Table Desk, desk - oval 96. 1961. This oval table is the same as the 78 "but 18" larger.
- Florence Knoll Table Desk, desk, around 54. 1961. Round table with a choice of various table tops.